Liquid Nitrogen is obtained on high-pressure installations
by the method of deep cooling of air followed by rectiﬁcation.
- Volumetric share of nitrogen, % , min 99,0
- Volumetric share of oxygen, % , max 1,0
- Content of oil, mechanical impurities and moisture Should sustain the test by clause 3.8
Liquid Nitrogen is a colorless, odorless liquid. Not explosive and not poisonous. At evaporation and heating of one liter of liquid nitrogen to 20°C, approximately 700 liters of gaseous nitrogen are formed. For this reason, liquid nitrogen is stored in specialized cryogenic tanks under pressure.
Liquid Nitrogen is used:
- for cryogenic cutting;
- at deep freezing of various materials;
- for cooling various equipment and machinery;
- in construction for freezing water-saturated soils;
- in medicine and cosmetology;
- at ﬁreﬁghting.
Liquid Nitrogen is transported by all types of transport in specialized cryogenic tanks in accordance with the rules for the transport of dangerous goods operating on this type of transport and the rules for the safe operation of pressure vessels.